Homemade Pretzel Dogs are just as delicious as the ones you get from the mall! And easier than you think. Make a simple bread dough, wrap the dogs, boil, then bake. Don’t forget to sprinkle tons of salt on top!
- 1 1/2 cups warm (110 to 115 degrees F) water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 package (1 scant tablespoon) active dry yeast
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 10 cups water
- 2/3 cup baking soda
- 2 tablespoons butter (regular or unsalted)
- 8 good quality hot dogs
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Slit hot dogs to within 1/2 inch of ends; insert 3 strips of cheese into each slit.
- Separate dough into triangles. Wrap dough triangle around each hot dog. Place on ungreased cookie sheet, cheese side up.
- Bake 12-15 min or until golden brown.